In August 2012 the international delegation of lawyers and judges, known as the Colombian Caravana, visited seven regions of Colombia to investigate and monitor human rights. Among the delegates, the judges’ special task was to interview members of the Colombian judiciary. Their report tells of the exceptional difficulties faced by judges in Colombia, many of whom receive protective measures from the Colombian authorities. Challenges to the rule of law and to the independence of the judiciary and threats, attacks and assassinations hamper access to justice and the judicial system.
- Speakers: Judge Carol Huddart, Canada, & Judge Peter Ingelse, the Netherlands
- Chair: Professor Sara Chandler, Chair of the Law Society Human Rights Committee
The event will be followed by a reception
All are welcome.
Please register with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday 29 April 2013, 18:30-20:00hrs
- The Old Council Chamber, The Law Society,
- Chancery Lane, WC2a 1pl, London